There’s this guy in one of my classes who hounds me about my political beliefs, and implies that I am an idiot for having these views. He doesn’t seem to be interested in learning why I hold these views. I have asked him to stop harassing me but he hasn’t.


A: You could ask the faculty member of this class if they could advise you or offer assistance. You can also contact the Office of Student Conduct. They can determine if the Code of Conduct has been violated and help you with strategies for dealing with this situation.

If you feel that you or anyone else is in danger, call the police immediately at 911 for emergencies or 814-863-1111 to report and discuss your concerns.

The content of this website is for informational purposes only and should not be understood as legal advice. For help with any legal problems or concerns, including those similar to the situations described herein, a licensed attorney should be contacted. The contributors to this site do not claim or guarantee that the information provided is or will be accurate, correct, or effective in any particular situation, and should not serve as a substitute for competent legal counsel.